18 July 2012

Review: Rimmel Nail Rescue.




Rimmel Nail Rescue.

Est. £4.59

12 ml.    

Rimmel Says:

'Rimmel Nail Rescue And Nail Hardener makes nails noticeably harder & stronger after just two weeks usage.'

I've been painting my nails a lot recently and I've noticed that they're chipping a fair bit on the ends, and the layers are flaking off on the ends too. All of my nail supplies have been packed away in storage for the next two weeks and I needed some nail polish remover to take off my chipped polish so I bought a pack of 'Quickies' nail polish remover. (review to come) and had a quick look for some nail strengthener to use for a week or so to try and repair my nails before I get all my polishes back.

I came across Rimmel's Nail Rescue. Since I'm a fan of Rimmel's nail products I thought I'd give this one a try, and hopefully it'll fix up my nails.








The instructions on the back say to paint one coat on on the first day, and a second coat on the second day, and leave it for a week.

After one week, remove all the polish, and repeat the process. One coat on the first day and the second coat the day after.

After applying the second coat on the second day, I can't say that I've noticed too much yet. The nails are still fragile on the ends and flaking slightly. It doesn't help that I uncontrolably like to pick at my nails. But I'm trying my hardest to leave them alone and let them toughen up.






So, after the two weeks of usage, I have to say I'm a little disapointed. I don't think it worked as well as it says it would. My nails are (and did for the two weeks) still chip and peel away so I lost a lot of length over the two weeks.

Positively, though, my nails do feel a bit stronger and now they're all shorter they don't see o be so brittle on the ends. But we shall see after they've grown a bit more.





  • Not too badly priced, and it could work for your nails.
  • Leaves nails stronger.






  • I don't really think it worked for my nails.
  • Lost a lot of nail length due to chipping.


I don't think I'd buy another bottle but I would try this one again if my nails needed some repair treatment and a break from coloured polish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment